Monday, April 15, 2013

Commuting Solo

(you can see my previous post on commuting here)

As mentioned in my post above, I'm learning how to commute. And thankfully I was able to pick up the skill very fast. In a matter of days I was able to commute solo. And that day is the same day this blog post is posted... Below would be my experience...

April 15, 2013. Card day in La Salle Green Hills. I and my friends planned to hang out in school to talk about anything... Acads, classmates, grades, and so on. And like what I've said, I'm learning how to commute, so I asked my dad a few days back if I could try commuting solo to LSGH. He allowed me to...

(it's as if you're having your first solo flight... Nah!)

So he told me that I'll ride with them in the car going to my mom's office. Upon arriving at the office I'll be riding a bus going to LSGH. And after the gimmick I would ride a bus going to that same office. From there I and my mom will go home using the car...

ROUTE: RCBC Plaza to La Salle Green Hills
TARGET TIME: 8:30-9:00 AM

Okay... Our driver will just guide me to where you can board a bus from Ayala then he'll leave me from thereon. We arrived at the office at past 8:00 in the morning. I'm already late, then. But before boarding a bus I took the chance to pass by Makati Central Post Office to see if I'm lucky to have new stamps for my collection. Unfortunately, there's none. So we went ahead with going to the bus stop. He told me that the bus stops somewhere at Buendia Ave. so we went westbound to find one. We were able to find an air conditioned bus with the sign ORTIGAS ILALIM in no time so I boarded the bus and our driver left me from there. P18 is the fare going to Ortigas. The bus is MERSAN, by the way.


On the way we have GMA 7 to keep us entertained. And have I mentioned my interest for the British show Sherlock? Well, the show on the bus was Detective Conan dubbed in Filipino, as seen in the picture, so I watched anyway... The travel time was roughly an hour.

Northbound @ EDSA

I arrived at LSGH at about 9:30 in the morning. Late, but that's okay. It was no big deal, thankfully. Then goes our gimmick. One of them gave me J.Co, so I was like "Okay, thanks a lot :D.. But I'm commuting... How can I bring this? :))" We'll tackle that later. We bought Makati Supermarket Spaghetti for lunch at Unimart... We commuted back and forth between LSGH and Unimart for us not to consume much time... Hours passed and it was 3:00 in the afternoon. By that time we finished the gimmick and we went to Annapolis (classmate's house) to have a little rest. We went there by walking from La Salle to there, by the way.

ROUTE: Annapolis to RCBC
TARGET TIME: Before 6 in the evening

I was supposed to leave my classmate's house by 4 but my mom allowed me to leave at 4:30. So yeah, we hanged out for 30 minutes more... By 4:30 I left the house to get a bus. EDSA is nearby, thankfully. They accompanied me to the station before totally leaving me. In no time (again) I was able to board an air conditioned PAMANA bus with the sign LRT AYALA LEVERIZA. The bus wasn't filled; only about 3 rows can be occupied. I paid P23. 

Onboard the PAMANA bus

Southbound @ EDSA Ortigas

And oh, by the way! What about the J.Co? Well thankfully I was able to have it with me without struggling. Thank God! It's a special one for me...

Carrying the J.Co

Roughly by an hour we're already in Ayala. The bus got filled when we were there. So at Ayala Ave. Extension cor. Malugay St. I got off the bus and off I am to RCBC. I arrived there at about 5:15. Not bad!

Well, I've never shown bus tickets here in my blog. But this time here's my first set of tickets in commuting solo!


No comments:

Post a Comment