Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Favorite Shots from "Holy Week in Pandi, Bulacan"

Here are my favorite shots for this event. Again, I personally think that this is "professional level". If you don't, however, just let me know why and how I can improve on it ;)

Nazareno

This image (poon) is quite iconic here in the Philippines. I'm specifically talking about the Black Nazarene. It's an image found in Quiapo Church. Devotion for the Black Nazarene is very strong here in the Philippines. Processions on January 9 (called TraslaciĆ³n) are known for the presence of millions of devotees (believing that the statue performs miracles), long procession times and so on. The longest procession so far was in the year 2012 when it lasted for 22 hours.. Yes, TWENTY-TWO HOURS!

Another picture of the Nazareno (which is obviously not black)

Pagbalot ng Kayong Lino

When I was still young I didn't see a difference between the Pieta and the Pagbalot ng Kayong Lino statues. My only differentiation is that this one has the cross while the other doesn't. Well, now I know more differences. The Pieta shows Mary carrying Jesus while this one doesn't. In plain translation, Pagbalot ng Kayong Lino means "Wrapping in Linen Cloth". I'm not sure if there's really wrapping of cloth here, or that the cloth in the cross is its representation. I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment